One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Values supposedly learned within a traditional family unit, typically those of high moral standards and discipline.
- ‘Society has lost family values, morals, values, Christianity, order and structure.’
- ‘Who are the Conservatives to tell me what God, family values and social morals are?’
- ‘That party campaigned vigorously on such moral issues as traditional family values.’
- ‘He was a close personal friend whom I have always looked up to for his strong moral and family values.’
- ‘Good schools depend heavily on the moral attitudes and family values of the students that attend them to be successful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.