Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Values supposedly learned within a traditional family unit, typically those of high moral standards and discipline.
- ‘He was a close personal friend whom I have always looked up to for his strong moral and family values.’
- ‘That party campaigned vigorously on such moral issues as traditional family values.’
- ‘Good schools depend heavily on the moral attitudes and family values of the students that attend them to be successful.’
- ‘Society has lost family values, morals, values, Christianity, order and structure.’
- ‘Who are the Conservatives to tell me what God, family values and social morals are?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.