Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Values supposedly learned within a traditional family unit, typically those of high moral standards and discipline.
- ‘He was a close personal friend whom I have always looked up to for his strong moral and family values.’
- ‘Society has lost family values, morals, values, Christianity, order and structure.’
- ‘Who are the Conservatives to tell me what God, family values and social morals are?’
- ‘That party campaigned vigorously on such moral issues as traditional family values.’
- ‘Good schools depend heavily on the moral attitudes and family values of the students that attend them to be successful.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.