One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The practice of controlling the number of children one has and the intervals between their births, particularly by means of contraception or voluntary sterilization.as modifier ‘family-planning clinics’
- ‘All of the BYPC workers are entitled to free medical care, including routine health examinations, family-planning counseling, prenatal care, delivery care, and neonatal care.’
- ‘Some village women are trained in midwifery and community-based family-planning services.’
- ‘In 1921 Stopes founded the Society for Constructive Birth Control which led the way for the later family-planning clinics.’
- ‘These workers, more than others, may require access to a family-planning clinic, contraceptive and sexual health services, emergency contraception, or pregnancy testing and counselling.’
- ‘In India, where family-planning efforts have been less aggressive, the population is growing much faster.’
- 1.1 Contraception.‘the morning-after pill should never be used as a regular method of family planning’
- ‘It outlines options for beginning a family planning method following the use of emergency contraception.’
- ‘However, scholars unanimously agree that any permanent method of family planning, or even abortion, can be done if the life of the mother is in danger.’
- ‘Is it because they are ignorant about family planning methods or is it because they choose to have many kids?’
- ‘Nevertheless, today abortion is an essential method of family planning and should be accepted it as such.’
- ‘In Muslim countries like Turkey and Indonesia, family planning methods are quite popular.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.