One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man with a wife (or long-term partner) and children, especially one who enjoys home life.‘I'm very much a family man and need to be close to those I love’
- ‘I know he's a family man and misses being with his wife and children.’
- ‘He was very much a family man - a devoted husband and a dedicated dad and granddad.’
- ‘He was a family man and he leaves behind a wife, a daughter and a son.’
- ‘For the most part, this was also a group of family men, husbands and fathers, typically with several children.’
- ‘He was a true family man who enjoyed all sports and games together with caravanning jaunts with his wife, Joyce, and friends.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.