One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man with a wife (or long-term partner) and children, especially one who enjoys home life.‘I'm very much a family man and need to be close to those I love’
- ‘I know he's a family man and misses being with his wife and children.’
- ‘He was very much a family man - a devoted husband and a dedicated dad and granddad.’
- ‘He was a true family man who enjoyed all sports and games together with caravanning jaunts with his wife, Joyce, and friends.’
- ‘He was a family man and he leaves behind a wife, a daughter and a son.’
- ‘For the most part, this was also a group of family men, husbands and fathers, typically with several children.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.