One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A formal meeting held about the care of a child or young person who has commited an offence or is at risk, usually involving family members, social workers, and police.‘when young offenders choose not to deny allegations, they attend a family group conference’
- ‘This could result in a very different court or family group conference outcome.’
- ‘Family Group Conference Facilitators will require supervision from a FGC Co-ordinator.’
- ‘One requirement is that a family group conference is to be held within 6 weeks of a previous one.’
- ‘These are family group conferences that have been reconvened for another reason other than a new offence.’
- ‘You are encouraged to smile soothingly, sympathise and offer alternatives, such as a family group conference.’
- ‘For sensible operation of the family group conference, that legislative provision is welcomed.’
- ‘We see that the Government is making a very strong commitment to ensure that family group conferences are well resourced.’
- ‘We do not know how many young offenders are dealt with by family group conferences.’
- ‘The bill includes three amendments to improve the operation of the family group conference process.’
- ‘We unanimously recommended that we get something that would tell us whether family group conferences were working.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.