One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Suitable for or aimed at families with children.‘a family-friendly restaurant’‘the company has always operated family-friendly policies’‘the film is fun and family-friendly’
- ‘The house is very well designed to make it as family-friendly as possible.’
- ‘Among other things, it brought the stand-up comedian's family-friendly humor to the mainstream.’
- ‘He's fast-talking, unflappable, and family-friendly, and that's always a good and entertaining mix to find in your DVD tray.’
- ‘They emphasized the desire of everyone involved to make a family-friendly movie suitable for all ages.’
- ‘Typical family-friendly hotels are very familiar, with restaurants where kids can eat free and popular attractions for all ages.’
- ‘New displays and dramatic programmes are set to make the museums more family-friendly by catering for the needs of children.’
- ‘The company offers family-friendly work schedules that provide flexibility for employees to balance family and work commitments.’
- ‘The heartfelt performances and compelling story make for decent, family-friendly fare.’
- ‘We have many family-friendly flexible working arrangements in place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.