One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As Murray has it, ‘highly familistic, consensual cultures have been the norm throughout history and the world.’’
- ‘Greater clarity, however, can be achieved regarding the function of these social centers if they are understood as embedded within familistic or political relations - Judean, urban, imperial.’
- ‘Reordering is legitimated through an appeal to a higher religious court, and carried through in familistic or quasi-familistic arrangements.’
- ‘It is the old patriarchal arrangements, the familistic socialism, cloaked in tradition and religion, which implies that individuals should help their kin, their people.’
- ‘By such means insecure white people were given the familistic support of a clearly, if artificially created collectivity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.