One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Reordering is legitimated through an appeal to a higher religious court, and carried through in familistic or quasi-familistic arrangements.’
- ‘As Murray has it, ‘highly familistic, consensual cultures have been the norm throughout history and the world.’’
- ‘By such means insecure white people were given the familistic support of a clearly, if artificially created collectivity.’
- ‘Greater clarity, however, can be achieved regarding the function of these social centers if they are understood as embedded within familistic or political relations - Judean, urban, imperial.’
- ‘It is the old patriarchal arrangements, the familistic socialism, cloaked in tradition and religion, which implies that individuals should help their kin, their people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.