One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The answer to familism and the various forms of tribalism that plague religious communities is a vision of the unity of the human family that respects the enormous diversity that characterizes humans.’
- ‘The cultural concepts that examine interpersonal styles that affect the nature and quality of relationships include: familism, individualism-collectivism, personalismo, respeto, simpatia, tiu lien (loss of face).’
- ‘Irish political culture is marked by its postcolonialism, conservatism, localism, and familism, all of which were influenced by the Irish Catholic Church, British institutions and politics, and Gaelic culture.’
- ‘The mainline family paradox is that the church talks about the value of diversity, but practices conventional familism.’
- ‘Is the familism of mainstream (moderate and liberal) religious groups good for women, children, and men?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.