One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But now there is a new highway, familiarly known as the GT Road, and no different from any other.’
- ‘Then how can you speak so familiarly with him?’
- ‘He abandoned his work on alchemy, his most recent fascination, and applied his legendary power of concentration completely on the Principia (as it is most familiarly known) for nearly two years.’
- ‘I will be leaving behind a landscape I know familiarly, that I observe closely, that I love.’
- ‘Davies followed an early yellow card with that second booking, and the 131st north London derby took on a familiarly modern pattern.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.