One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Pads of material in women's clothing used to increase the apparent size of the breasts.
- ‘If, in addition, you are in the world's top five, and brimming with self-belief, you have to wear a bra complete with falsies and a bejewelled, female bun-warmer, so your opponent and the audience get one good laugh.’
- ‘My grandmother Rose wrote a letter to my mom not long after I was born, advising her not to ‘wear falsies that are too prominent as they are not only cheap but tempt you know whom’!’
- ‘If I'm doing the ‘guy in make-up’ look (which I have been known to do) then I certainly wouldn't opt for the bra and falsies.’
- ‘What a strange place to live, guys walking round in dresses and falsies and nobody gives a hoot.’
- ‘Crawford worried that she looked flat-chested in her bedridden scenes so she began wearing larger falsies.’
- 1.1 False eyelashes.‘individual lashes look more natural than full falsies’
- ‘A full set of falsies is the best way to achieve high-impact 1960s eyes.’
- ‘While celebs rely on fake lashes to get the look, falsies aren't practical for everyday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.