Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Temporary framework structures used to support a building during its construction.
- ‘These segments were supported by steel truss girders on falsework.’
- ‘At each end of the project, the deck design and layout are irregular, and for these areas a conventional falsework arrangement was used.’
- ‘Primary steel was erected on 360 tons of falsework and in a certain order because of construction loading constraints and cantilevers.’
- ‘When the eastern-most center element was erected and detailed, crews removed truss falsework.’
- ‘Each trichord was erected in 90-ft lengths assembly-line fashion, one at a time, onto three falsework towers shored off the mechanical level framing.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.