One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Artificial teeth held in the mouth on a removable plate or frame; dentures.
- ‘My false teeth need replacing because I get ulcers all the time because they're loose.’
- ‘The worst thing is that your false teeth keep falling out on the dancefloor.’
- ‘He recalls with amusement a plan 12 years ago to make false teeth for sheep using a brace and quick-setting cement.’
- ‘I tugged a stuck drawer open, pulled the string of a small cloth bag, to find pink and white grins of outgrown false teeth; in another bag, spectacles, blinking in the light.’
- ‘After all, false teeth were much easier to keep clean than real ones and dental hygiene was not a priority in Edwardian England.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.