One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Colour added during the processing of a photographic or computer image to aid interpretation of the subject.‘the map is shown in false colour’count noun ‘the camera records each element in a false colour corresponding to distance’
make-believe, act, putting on an act, acting, dissembling, shamming, sham, faking, feigning, simulation, falsification, dissimulation, invention, imagination, self-deception, play-acting, posturing, posture, posing, pose, cant, attitudinizingView synonyms
- ‘For visualization the images were merged by the software and transferred to false colors.’
- ‘The software added false color to reflect the contribution that any given part of the surface made to a small region surrounding each of the two dominant peaks in reciprocal space.’
- ‘Photoshop was used to manipulate false colors and to convert colors from RGB to CMYK for printing.’
- ‘It lends the photos a quality that I'm finding hard to put into words, other than that somehow, these places seem far more expressive in false colour than in reality.’
- ‘Fluorescent images were captured by cooled CCD camera, assigned false color, and manipulated uniformly in Adobe Photoshop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.