One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Christian, Jewish, and Muslim tradition) an angel who rebelled against God and was cast out of heaven.‘the fallen angel Lucifer’figurative ‘a book about anti-heroes, fallen angels, and faded stars’
devil, fiend, evil spirit, cacodemonView synonyms
- ‘If Satan is a fallen angel, why was he allowed to continue living, and rather not destroyed as were later people who deliberately rebelled against the Almighty God?’
- ‘God expected human beings to live in obedience to God's commands, give God due honor, and fill up those places in God's kingdom that had been left vacant by the fallen angels.’
- ‘The other assumption is that there exist humanly free creatures other than men, which we may call fallen angels, who have chosen to do evil, and have brought about the passive evils not brought about by men.’
- ‘At the outset of Paradise Lost, Satan rallies his fellow fallen angels with a speech of exculpation.’
- ‘While Jesus has already defeated Satan and his fallen angels, they are still free to tempt and test us until Jesus comes again in glory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.