One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be overlooked.‘fatherless kids were not allowed to fall through the cracks’
- ‘However, there will undoubtedly be friction in this process, and some soldiers will fall through the cracks.’
- ‘For 11 years I've been here, patching up these people who fall through the cracks, and it hasn't been enough.’
- ‘Without them, some of our overlooked students (ESL, special needs, etc.) would fall through the cracks.’
- ‘There's a lot of students who fall through the cracks.’
- ‘My guess is that this story will fall through the cracks, but it certainly has me intrigued.’
- ‘I'm not voting because I fall through the cracks and nobody will miss me, but I will not go down fighting.’
- ‘Lots of good people would fall through the cracks without our assistance.’
- ‘My brief is to liaise with the prosecuting authorities and make sure that the case doesn't fall through the cracks.’
- ‘Unfortunately, there are going to be those who fall through the cracks, into a life of bass fishing and stockcar racing.’
- ‘This is a case that the courts have let fall through the cracks through a variety of sort of technical procedural barriers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.