One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The most severe form of malaria.as modifier ‘the falciparum parasite’
- ‘Each strain carried a form of the gene for a surface protein from the deadliest malaria parasite, Plasmodium falciparum.’
- ‘Mefloquine is commonly prescribed to prevent malaria in travelers and has replaced other drugs because Plasmodium falciparum is commonly resistant to them.’
- ‘Infections with Plasmodium falciparum, the most virulent human malaria parasite, cause more than one million deaths per year.’
- ‘Individuals with normal and heterozygous genotypes are both infected by falciparum that causes malaria fever.’
- ‘Although the four as listed above cause malaria when injected into the human body, plasmodium falciparum has a capacity to cause severe or complicated malarial disease.’
1930s: modern Latin, from Latin falx, falc- ‘sickle’ + -parum (from -parus ‘bearing’).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.