[mass noun] The quality of being faithful; fidelity:‘faithfulness in marriage’
fidelity, loyalty, constancy, devotion, trueness, true-heartedness, dedication, commitment, allegiance, adherenceaccuracy, precision, exactness, closeness, strictness, fairness, justness, factuality, truth, truthfulness, veracity, authenticity, reliability, dependabilityView synonyms
- ‘Marriage was to be lifelong and marital faithfulness was to include monogamy.’
- ‘Examples of the faithfulness and patience of good, loyal dogs are to be found throughout literature and the fine arts.’
- ‘Consistency and faithfulness in upholding the law, then, is the main thing that Papuans want from the government.’
- ‘Tosca is then forced to choose between her faithfulness or telling the truth about what she saw at the villa.’
- ‘The mandarin duck represented faithfulness, the magpie good luck.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.