Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The quality of being faithful; fidelity.‘faithfulness in marriage’
accuracy, precision, exactness, closeness, strictness, fairness, justness, factuality, truth, truthfulness, veracity, authenticity, reliability, dependabilityfidelity, loyalty, constancy, devotion, trueness, true-heartedness, dedication, commitment, allegiance, adherenceView synonyms
- ‘Tosca is then forced to choose between her faithfulness or telling the truth about what she saw at the villa.’
- ‘Examples of the faithfulness and patience of good, loyal dogs are to be found throughout literature and the fine arts.’
- ‘Marriage was to be lifelong and marital faithfulness was to include monogamy.’
- ‘Consistency and faithfulness in upholding the law, then, is the main thing that Papuans want from the government.’
- ‘The mandarin duck represented faithfulness, the magpie good luck.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.