One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A procedure by which a system automatically transfers control to a duplicate system when it detects a fault or failure.as modifier ‘the second server went into failover mode within a minute’
- ‘A primary path failure does not necessarily cause loss of connection unless path failover software is either not implemented or malfunctions.’
- ‘For users who like to stay current with operating system releases, this means testing of path failover software may unknowingly take place onsite rather than in the vendor's lab.’
- ‘The servers can be arranged behind $50,000 load-balancing and failover systems to swap out servers automatically upon failure.’
- ‘If the primary server crashes, then the high availability operating system running failover software will reschedule its task to the standby server.’
- ‘All services are configured to failover automatically to the slave in case of a failure on the master node.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.