One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A procedure by which a system automatically transfers control to a duplicate system when it detects a fault or failure.as modifier ‘the second server went into failover mode within a minute’
- ‘If the primary server crashes, then the high availability operating system running failover software will reschedule its task to the standby server.’
- ‘For users who like to stay current with operating system releases, this means testing of path failover software may unknowingly take place onsite rather than in the vendor's lab.’
- ‘The servers can be arranged behind $50,000 load-balancing and failover systems to swap out servers automatically upon failure.’
- ‘All services are configured to failover automatically to the slave in case of a failure on the master node.’
- ‘A primary path failure does not necessarily cause loss of connection unless path failover software is either not implemented or malfunctions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.