One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device or control for varying the volume of sound, the intensity of light, or the gain on a video or audio signal.
- ‘The mixing desk was a good five feet wide, with more channels, faders and gain and balance controls than you'd find in a professional broadcast station.’
- ‘Pretty much, when you push the faders up, the sound is already there on those recordings.’
- ‘This is all done with the headphones on: the track you want to fade in can't be heard on the loudspeakers as the fader is at positioned towards the other channel.’
- ‘Controlling your digital audio system with real knobs and faders is a joy.’
- ‘The device features six channel faders, two master faders, an integrated routing system, and comprehensive monitoring and talkback facilities for control room and studio.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.