One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular or plural The decision-making body of a university faculty.‘Leavis was invited to join the English faculty board in 1954’‘she is Chair of the Faculty Board’
- ‘He accepted a fellowship at Wolfson College, chaired the faculty board, sat on many committees, and gave numerous seminars.’
- ‘On instruction by the Council at a general meeting, the Faculty Board shall request such a proposal to be tabled for a second month.’
- ‘As vice-chancellor, he was responsible for the creation of faculty boards to control university lecturing.’
- ‘The Academic Office is responsible for reviewing nominations of external examiners made by Faculty Boards.’
- ‘Meetings of the Council and of the Faculty Board shall be open unless voted closed.’
- ‘I was presenting the planned medical curriculum to the faculty board.’
- ‘I owe it to the kindness of the Faculty Board of Moral Science that I have been able to write at length on McTaggart's philosophy at this time.’
- ‘University academics have refused to attend faculty board meetings or participate in Performance-Based Research Fund activities.’
- ‘The Departmental Board reports, on request, to the Faculty Board.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.