One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular or plural The decision-making body of a university faculty.‘Leavis was invited to join the English faculty board in 1954’‘she is Chair of the Faculty Board’
- ‘University academics have refused to attend faculty board meetings or participate in Performance-Based Research Fund activities.’
- ‘On instruction by the Council at a general meeting, the Faculty Board shall request such a proposal to be tabled for a second month.’
- ‘As vice-chancellor, he was responsible for the creation of faculty boards to control university lecturing.’
- ‘I was presenting the planned medical curriculum to the faculty board.’
- ‘The Departmental Board reports, on request, to the Faculty Board.’
- ‘The Academic Office is responsible for reviewing nominations of external examiners made by Faculty Boards.’
- ‘I owe it to the kindness of the Faculty Board of Moral Science that I have been able to write at length on McTaggart's philosophy at this time.’
- ‘Meetings of the Council and of the Faculty Board shall be open unless voted closed.’
- ‘He accepted a fellowship at Wolfson College, chaired the faculty board, sat on many committees, and gave numerous seminars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.