One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The production of manufactured goods on a large scale using machines in factories, introduced in Britain in the late 18th century.‘the factory system became the dominant form of industrial organization throughout the 19th century’
- ‘The domestic system of textiles production gave way rapidly to a factory system.’
- ‘However, his greatest criticism of the new factory system was directed towards the exploitation of children.’
- ‘The industrial revolution and the emergence of the factory system resulted in fundamental changes in society and in the nature of work itself.’
- ‘The spread of industry, or machinery, or steam power, or the factory system itself was erratic.’
- ‘Arkwright is considered to be the father of Britain's factory system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.