One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The production of manufactured goods on a large scale using machines in factories, introduced in Britain in the late 18th century.‘the factory system became the dominant form of industrial organization throughout the 19th century’
- ‘However, his greatest criticism of the new factory system was directed towards the exploitation of children.’
- ‘Arkwright is considered to be the father of Britain's factory system.’
- ‘The spread of industry, or machinery, or steam power, or the factory system itself was erratic.’
- ‘The domestic system of textiles production gave way rapidly to a factory system.’
- ‘The industrial revolution and the emergence of the factory system resulted in fundamental changes in society and in the nature of work itself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.