One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An official employed to ensure that factories operate in accordance with official regulations.‘factory inspectors noticed that workers were suffering from bad chest conditions’
- ‘We had decided to write to the factory inspector, but after seeing the works manager again he put alterations in hand.’
- ‘Appointed as chief factory inspector of Illinois in 1893, Kelley began learning how to turn casual impressions into systematic studies of slum conditions.’
- ‘Four independent factory inspectors were to be appointed.’
- ‘No change can be made in the factory layout plan without the permission of factory inspectors, the amended law states.’
- ‘She was also instrumental in having the first woman factory inspector appointed to Ireland.’
- ‘It was her own choice to become a sanitary inspector and then a factory inspector.’
- ‘Statistics compiled by the factory inspector for Allegheny County shed some light on the dangers of industrial work in Pittsburgh.’
- ‘Had the factory inspector and deputy labour commissioner been sincere in their duty, the incident wouldn't have occurred.’
- ‘There are 51 factory inspectors in a country with 5000 clothing factories, and many thousands of other factories.’
- ‘Problems were brought to her attention about which she could do nothing as they fell under the remit of the factory inspectors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.