One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The workers in a company or industry, rather than the management.‘the unions had almost no influence on the factory floor’
- ‘A worker on the factory floor loudly protests that he is there to build motor boats.’
- ‘Producing doors, boot lids and bonnets, the foundry is expected to employ about 180 people on the factory floor.’
- ‘Overall, more people will be in the office and fewer on the factory floor, meaning more knowledge work and less muscle work.’
- ‘Glass walls separate the office area from the factory floor, eliminating any real or perceived barriers between departments.’
- ‘The CEO of a manufacturing company is unlikely to show up on the factory floor and operate a lathe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.