One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The workers in a company or industry, rather than the management.‘the unions had almost no influence on the factory floor’
- ‘Producing doors, boot lids and bonnets, the foundry is expected to employ about 180 people on the factory floor.’
- ‘The CEO of a manufacturing company is unlikely to show up on the factory floor and operate a lathe.’
- ‘Glass walls separate the office area from the factory floor, eliminating any real or perceived barriers between departments.’
- ‘Overall, more people will be in the office and fewer on the factory floor, meaning more knowledge work and less muscle work.’
- ‘A worker on the factory floor loudly protests that he is there to build motor boats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.