One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See factory farming
- ‘The life expectancy of the average cow in natural conditions is about 25-30 years; on the typical factory farm, where well over half of U.S. milk cows reside, they live only four to five years.’
- ‘This 5,600-cow factory farm has successfully negotiated an exemption to the organic requirement that cows have access to pasture, based upon Colorado's arid climate.’
- ‘By contrast, a factory farm, milking 3,000 cows, stanchioned 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in a barn, and run with hired help, can make a good profit.’
- ‘Think of probiotics as a sort of immune booster for the shellfish, which enables them to cope with the stresses and infections of a crowded life in a factory farm.’
- ‘The intent of a factory farm is to raise as many animals as possible in the shortest amount of time and in the smallest amount of physical space.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.