Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A process in which the values of observed data are expressed as functions of a number of possible causes in order to find which are the most important.
- ‘In order to determine the dimensionality of the scales, factor analysis with varimax rotation was undertaken.’
- ‘Using principal components factor analysis, nine stress factors were identified.’
- ‘The results of a principal component factor analysis guided the collapse of the four school climate scales into three, which were then used in the analysis.’
- ‘One of his first papers came about because of his work at the Ministry of Agriculture and was on factor analysis applied to crop productivity.’
- ‘Principal component factor analysis was completed on the information source variables to determine which sources grouped together.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.