Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A process in which the values of observed data are expressed as functions of a number of possible causes in order to find which are the most important.
- ‘Using principal components factor analysis, nine stress factors were identified.’
- ‘The results of a principal component factor analysis guided the collapse of the four school climate scales into three, which were then used in the analysis.’
- ‘In order to determine the dimensionality of the scales, factor analysis with varimax rotation was undertaken.’
- ‘Principal component factor analysis was completed on the information source variables to determine which sources grouped together.’
- ‘One of his first papers came about because of his work at the Ministry of Agriculture and was on factor analysis applied to crop productivity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.