One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A collection of information about a particular subject or product.‘read the fact file on boa constrictors on page 8’
- ‘Also included are a few dinosaur facts files and a trivia quiz, both of which should appeal exclusively to kids.’
- ‘According to the fact file, the Tasmanian Tiger is the largest known carnivorous marsupial.’
- ‘They create a fact file for a coastal animal, focusing on what it would need to survive.’
- ‘It's fully-loaded with an encyclopaedic fact file on ammunition utilised.’
- ‘Travel tips, fact file and distance chart are included towards the end.’
- ‘A letter inviting people to this month's open day has been sent to more than 400 residents and businesses in the area, with a fact file of options.’
- ‘Investigate the economic and political structure through the use of data charts and country fact files.’
- ‘I know that's true because it's in my wildlife fact file.’
- ‘Using research materials, they find out more about this mammal and use the information to create a water vole fact file.’
- ‘There's also a two-page fact file covering local tourist information.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.