Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who gives facials and other beauty treatments for the face.
- ‘She is a petite facialist with a firm touch.’
- ‘A facialist can be a star's best friend, but you don't have to drop big bucks to achieve similar results at home.’
- ‘After all, as Autumn, wise waxtician and facialist of Duque, says, "Honey, you're always dating yourself!"’
- ‘Inexperienced facialists may be doing extractions improperly.’
- ‘This is why you should visit qualified facialists recommended by friends, dermatologists or other trusted sources.’
- ‘But this experience brings up the question of how one should pick their facialist.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.