Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A growth of hair on a man's chin, cheeks, or upper lip.‘men with lots of facial hair’
- ‘A guy with great facial hair feels like the king of the world.’
- ‘The only contradiction to his boyishness is his ever-present facial hair.’
- ‘The men plucked their facial hair and also removed hair around their heads, leaving a long central lock that they braided with decorative feathers, shells, and strings.’
- ‘Carefully trimming, shaving and shaping one's facial hair can achieve a never-ending multitude of looks, such as handlebar moustaches, goatees and designer sideburns.’
- ‘Charlie's facial hair has grown from stubble to full-fledged beard.’
- ‘Many celebrities have fun when it comes to their facial hair.’
- ‘There's a fine line between what is considered in and out of style in terms of facial hair.’
- ‘Like a haircut, a change in facial hair is a great way to change your look.’
- ‘Where would some of our most distinguished historical figures be without their facial hair?’
- ‘Banderas sports three-day old facial hair and a messy mop top, whispering all his lines at an inaudible level.’
- ‘She lowered her age when she enlisted to make her lack of facial hair less remarkable.’
- ‘Finns dress quite formally when heading out on the town, and the sight of a man not wearing a suit or jacket in a nightclub is as rare as a middle-aged Finn without facial hair.’
- ‘Don't be afraid to try out new styles with your facial hair, since no change is permanent.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.