One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘All right,’ I said in parting, with a voice dripping with facetiousness.’
- ‘This self-deprecating facetiousness characterizes much of Maddin's verbal patter and not only is it a testament to his prodigious wit, but it also demonstrates why he gets away with the things he does.’
- ‘Eclectic learning, pungent black humour sometimes degenerating into facetiousness, a stately but singular style, distinguish all his writing.’
- ‘So he presents his arguments in what is often called a ‘tongue-in-cheek’ manner, but is more accurately described as facetiousness.’
- ‘Though occasionally the humour degenerates into facetiousness, the verbal dexterity of the verse is superb.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.