One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The watery, tough-skinned figs were barely cooked let alone caramelised and pouring bitter juices onto what tasted like the worst sort of greasy, mass-produced puff pastry as moist as a face flannel in the middle.’
- ‘Only it wasn't a towel, but a 'towelette', a square, white face flannel.’
- ‘It is rolled up in the manner of airline face flannels.’
- ‘Forgetting to pack a face flannel is hardly the worst mishap that can befall the holiday planner.’
- ‘Gently wipe away all traces of the cleanser with a face flannel wrung out in tepid water, rinsing at least twice more with tepid water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.