One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The watery, tough-skinned figs were barely cooked let alone caramelised and pouring bitter juices onto what tasted like the worst sort of greasy, mass-produced puff pastry as moist as a face flannel in the middle.’
- ‘Gently wipe away all traces of the cleanser with a face flannel wrung out in tepid water, rinsing at least twice more with tepid water.’
- ‘Forgetting to pack a face flannel is hardly the worst mishap that can befall the holiday planner.’
- ‘Only it wasn't a towel, but a 'towelette', a square, white face flannel.’
- ‘It is rolled up in the manner of airline face flannels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.