One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A liquid used when washing clothes and other laundry to soften the fabric and reduce static.‘the quilt was still lightly scented with the fabric softener she uses’count noun ‘always use a fabric conditioner after washing’
- ‘He reckons fabric conditioner is environmentally-unfriendly, so the towels are so stiff you can snap them in half like a Salada biscuit.’
- ‘Among the banned chemicals are artificial musks used to scent detergents and washing-up liquids and poisonous phthalates - solvents used in polishes and fabric conditioners.’
- ‘Does the Spring really smell any different from the Summer, and if so, did Mother Nature intend for them to become the basis for separate fabric conditioners?’
- ‘About half of all advertisements show pictures of children - wiping their bottoms with the gentlest lavatory paper, wrapped in towels made soft by fabric conditioner, running in a field made free by some insurance scheme.’
- ‘There are some fabric softeners that besides softening clothes also claim to make ironing easier whereas some claim to make clothes dry faster.’
- ‘The chemicals are legally permitted and used in a wide variety of products such as washing-up liquid and fabric conditioners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.