One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The Samoan culture or way of life.‘the novel depicts the strictures of fa'a Samoa’
- ‘All Samoans adhere to a set of core social values and practices known as fa'a Samoa and speak the Samoan language.’
- ‘The Fa'a Samoa, or traditional Samoan way, remains a strong force in Samoan life and politics.’
- ‘Respect for elders is the most crucial aspect of the fa'a Samoa.’
- ‘The proper fa'a Samoa is that a fa'afafine belongs to that family and that heritage.’
- ‘Satoa is steeped in fa'a Samoa - the traditional Samoan way - and although the relatively new Christian religion is in its ascendancy, the old gods still cast long shadows.’
- ‘The fa'a Samoa (the Samoan way of life) is entrenched in aiga or family.’
- ‘The population of Samoa Islands is approximately 250,000 sharing a common language, Samoan, a culture, known as fa'a Samoa and an indigenous form of governance called fa'amatai.’
- ‘New Zealand Samoans continue to keep fa'a Samoa - Samoan ways - even though today over half the New Zealand community is born here.’
- ‘I cringe when I hear apologists justifying his behaviour on the grounds that we misunderstand fa'a Samoa where it is customary to make a gift in appreciation of assistance from others.’
- ‘A "good" child is alert and intelligent and shows deference, politeness, and obedience to elders and respect for Samoan custom (aganu'u fa'a samoa) and Christian principles and practices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.