Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cosmetic pencil for defining or accentuating the eyebrows.
cosmetics, greasepaintView synonyms
- ‘The innovative eyebrow pencil combines the benefits of a pencil and powder applicator.’
- ‘Just groom the eyebrow with an eyebrow brush and apply an eyebrow pencil to the area, making sure that the whole area is shaded evenly.’
- ‘You can also use colored eyebrow pencils that match the color of your facial hair to fill in any blank spots.’
- ‘Purchase an eyebrow pencil the same shade as your hair making sure the pencil is hard, test on the back of your hand.’
- ‘If you make a mistake when plucking your eyebrows, don't panic, there are things on the market now for patching up but you can just use your mascara and an eyebrow pencil.’
- ‘Make sure you have the basic tools: tweezers, cuticle scissors, clear mascara, a white eye pencil and an eyebrow pencil or powder.’
- ‘Now draw in a new brow line with an eyebrow pencil.’
- ‘I only use an eyebrow pencil to fill in my sparse eyebrows.’
- ‘Wrapping my towel a little tighter around my body, I made my way toward the door, an eyebrow pencil wedged between my lips.’
- ‘A top tip was using an eyebrow pencil to help define the eyes and to use a brown eye pencil rather than a blue one.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.