Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- old-fashioned term for mascara
- ‘Eyeblack has been used for centuries to help reduce the glare of the sun.’
- ‘His eyes sparkled above eyeblack as he spoke of the spirit on the Lions' sideline during their comeback from a 17-point deficit in the final 10 minutes.’
- ‘Plus I just think it would be cool to see Japanese fans wearing eyeblack or something.’
- ‘They spat their shoes with tape, smear eyeblack high on their cheeks and tape up their sleeves to fully expose their bulging biceps.’
- ‘In that email please send us any artwork, description, or picture of what you would like your Custom EyeBlack to look like.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.