One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- old-fashioned term for mascara
- ‘They spat their shoes with tape, smear eyeblack high on their cheeks and tape up their sleeves to fully expose their bulging biceps.’
- ‘Eyeblack has been used for centuries to help reduce the glare of the sun.’
- ‘Plus I just think it would be cool to see Japanese fans wearing eyeblack or something.’
- ‘In that email please send us any artwork, description, or picture of what you would like your Custom EyeBlack to look like.’
- ‘His eyes sparkled above eyeblack as he spoke of the spirit on the Lions' sideline during their comeback from a 17-point deficit in the final 10 minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.