One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bolt or bar with an eye at the end for attaching a hook or ring to.
- ‘To do the job you'll need a 30-inch piece of 1/4-inch iron about 4 inches wide, two 1/2-inch lag bolts with washers, and an eye bolt with nuts, washers and lock washers.’
- ‘Equipment furnished by the factory included a side air scoop, lifting eye bolts, tool kit, steel exhaust flanges, propeller hub cones and nut.’
- ‘Prisoners are forced to stand, handcuffed and with their feet shackled to an eye bolt in the floor for more than 40 hours.’
- ‘Fasten this to the wall with eye bolts three to four inches from the wall to allow for ventilation and space for the vine to twine.’
- ‘The AN3-14a must pass through the eye of the eye bolt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.