One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an event or situation) unexpectedly enlightening.‘this documentary should be an eye-opening experience to all’
- ‘His memoir is a compelling and eye-opening journey through his amazingly rich and full life.’
- ‘Of course, anything that provides insight into the life of the artist is going to be eye-opening.’
- ‘"That was eye-opening," Tabitha says.’
- ‘There were lots of eye-opening moments: a pride of lions up close, rhinos on guard, mummy wallaby with little joey.’
- ‘This is a fascinating and eye-opening account of the experiences of former members of the party.’
- ‘This is a truly eye-opening read that will fascinate and intrigue.’
- ‘Greenwald's film was fascinating and eye-opening.’
- ‘It's part of an eye-opening one-on-one interview you'll see here tonight.’
- ‘It was an eye-opening experience to observe how my students used their talents to produce such a wonderful performance.’
- ‘This book is an eye-opening look into the life of a gay teen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.