One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The holding of extreme political or religious views; fanaticism.‘the dangers of religious extremism’
fanaticism, radicalism, zealotry, zeal, fundamentalism, dogmatism, bigotry, militancy, activismView synonyms
- ‘That is why we need less extremism and pulling other people down for political gain in Government.’
- ‘Otherwise their anger and frustration can lead to religious extremism.’
- ‘No other country possesses so many laws against right-wing extremism as Germany.’
- ‘The fanatics turn to extremism, which has really no basis in the true religion at all.’
- ‘To deny certain levels of anti-social behaviour invites absolute extremism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.