One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Opposite extremes have much in common.
- ‘Ironically enough, in Gramsci ‘the extremes meet,’ confirming the overlapping lineage of both left and right ideologies.’
- ‘This is a place of ambivalence, a place where extremes meet.’
- ‘Genovese is, it should be said, an illuminating example of the way in which left-wing and right-wing extremes meet in a love of tyranny and a hatred of freedom.’
- ‘John and Yoko were people whose fantastic freedom became - where extremes meet - a fantastic prison.’
- ‘In the recesses of the Middle East where extremes meet, dismay at the loss of innocent lives was tempered with happier emotions ranging from quiet satisfaction to open celebration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.