One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Their very extremeness is often, indeed, state-dependent with regard to other psychiatric illness and general stress level.’
- ‘The uniqueness of this religious community lies especially in its radical and stringent religious demands, mainly manifested in the extremeness of Torah studies within the hierarchy of values and practices.’
- ‘The unadulterated ecstasy of before is hardly a memory, and the extremeness of his mood swings is now a dullness that consumes him in unchanging monotony.’
- ‘Though the study just described did not involve political or moral issues, the results show that one-sidedness, and consequently extremeness, can be heightened when people are communicating over the Internet.’
- ‘Despite the extremeness of its interpretation and the uniqueness of its style, Klossowski's book is readily meaningful to academics because it proceeds in the established way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.