One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
as submodifier To a very great degree; very.‘this is an extremely difficult thing to do’
very, exceedingly, exceptionally, especially, extraordinarily, to a fault, in the extreme, extra, tremendously, immensely, vastly, hugely, abundantly, intensely, acutely, singularly, significantly, distinctly, outstandingly, uncommonly, unusually, decidedly, particularly, eminently, supremely, highly, remarkably, really, truly, mightily, thoroughlyView synonyms
- ‘It was the Cold War that made it extremely difficult and dangerous to be a Communist.’
- ‘I think some of my staff find it extremely difficult and challenging working for me.’
- ‘Their togetherness and work ethic make them an extremely difficult side to put down.’
- ‘It is also extremely difficult to get characters on and off the stage dexterously.’
- ‘I live with my nan and grandad and it will be extremely difficult for me to pay as we do not have enough money.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.