One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
as submodifier To a very great degree; very.‘this is an extremely difficult thing to do’
very, exceedingly, exceptionally, especially, extraordinarily, to a fault, in the extreme, extra, tremendously, immensely, vastly, hugely, abundantly, intensely, acutely, singularly, significantly, distinctly, outstandingly, uncommonly, unusually, decidedly, particularly, eminently, supremely, highly, remarkably, really, truly, mightily, thoroughlyView synonyms
- ‘I live with my nan and grandad and it will be extremely difficult for me to pay as we do not have enough money.’
- ‘It was the Cold War that made it extremely difficult and dangerous to be a Communist.’
- ‘I think some of my staff find it extremely difficult and challenging working for me.’
- ‘It is also extremely difficult to get characters on and off the stage dexterously.’
- ‘Their togetherness and work ethic make them an extremely difficult side to put down.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.