One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to work performed in space outside a spacecraft.‘extravehicular activity’
- ‘That's where astronauts practice extravehicular activities, more commonly known as spacewalks.’
- ‘We are currently hiring suitable candidates for extravehicular repair work for an upcoming mission to the International Space Station.’
- ‘Two projects focus on advanced technologies for extravehicular activity.’
- ‘In addition, the pilot may assist in the deployment and retrieval of satellites using the remote manipulator system, in extravehicular activities, and in other payload operations.’
- ‘Besides logging more than 259 hours in space, he has more than 14 hours of extravehicular activity, or spacewalking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.