One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Existing, formed, or occurring outside the uterus.‘the first hour of extrauterine life’
- ‘Labor is a process through which the fetus moves from the intrauterine to the extrauterine environment.’
- ‘Acute appendicitis is the commonest extrauterine indication for laparotomy in pregnancy, and it can occur in any trimester.’
- ‘Sonographic evaluation at presentation can usually differentiate between intrauterine and extrauterine pregnancy and offer some prognostic clues.’
- ‘Of note, extrauterine decidual change associated with pregnancy or oral contraceptives also resembles squamous cell carcinoma.’
- ‘Many cardiopulmonary problems related to the transition from an intrauterine to an extrauterine environment become apparent during the first 12 hours after birth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.