One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or occurring outside the tropics.‘extratropical cyclones’
- ‘Storms that form elsewhere are extratropical cyclones.’
- ‘Elsewhere in the southern states, flooding is mostly a winter-spring phenomenon, associated with unusually frequent or active extratropical depressions and fronts.’
- ‘The strong winds that hit the Pacific Coast are from extratropical storms, not hurricanes, which are tropical cyclones.’
- ‘Winter storms are extratropical storms and all are a mixture of warm and cold air.’
- ‘Data collection was limited to extratropical regions to avoid the poor preservation and minimal sampling associated with tropical environments during this time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.