Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting motor nerves that descend from the cortex to the spine but are not part of the pyramidal system.‘extrapyramidal symptoms’
- ‘These agents also have safety issues, particularly those of acute extrapyramidal symptoms, tardive dyskinesia, and neuroleptic malignant syndrome.’
- ‘Common side effects of antipsychotics include sedation, anticholinergic effects, orthostatic hypotension, extrapyramidal symptoms and tardive dyskinesia.’
- ‘New antipsychotic medications such as olanzapine and risperidone often can effectively control schizophrenic symptoms without the extrapyramidal side effects of traditional agents.’
- ‘In the elderly, antipsychotic medications can cause serious side effects, such as extrapyramidal symptoms and tardive dyskinesia.’
- ‘Most of these drugs are designed to control negative symptoms and produce fewer extrapyramidal side effects than conventional medications.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.