One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extrinsic to a piece of music or outside the field of music.‘his advice was to listen for the music—not for extramusical meanings’
- ‘In Adès's music the seductive brilliance of his instrumental writing is often allied with extramusical subject matter which also has surrealist resonances.’
- ‘Given that limitation, it's still good pop music, but we tend to judge the music by extramusical standards.’
- ‘Later in the work, other extramusical sounds - mostly human in origin - are introduced.’
- ‘These, however, have more to do with the composer's extramusical commentary than with anything specific to the notes; one could argue that all music is spiritual.’
- ‘As Richards states it, the book's intention is to ‘concentrate on the expressive and extramusical qualities of Ireland's music’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.