One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extrinsic to a piece of music or outside the field of music.‘his advice was to listen for the music—not for extramusical meanings’
- ‘Later in the work, other extramusical sounds - mostly human in origin - are introduced.’
- ‘As Richards states it, the book's intention is to ‘concentrate on the expressive and extramusical qualities of Ireland's music’.’
- ‘Given that limitation, it's still good pop music, but we tend to judge the music by extramusical standards.’
- ‘In Adès's music the seductive brilliance of his instrumental writing is often allied with extramusical subject matter which also has surrealist resonances.’
- ‘These, however, have more to do with the composer's extramusical commentary than with anything specific to the notes; one could argue that all music is spiritual.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.