One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an action or situation) beyond the province of the law.‘there were extralegal means through which to render the NAACP impotent’
- ‘Furthermore, the elders never gave any indication of being aware that their actions were extralegal, if not illegal.’
- ‘The side effect is an extralegal economy; for example, the ‘construction industry’ was slumping in Peru, yet concrete was being sold at a record rate because of the extralegal construction going on.’
- ‘Its participants drew on an American tradition of collective organization and crowd action which held extralegal activity to be legitimate when justice was otherwise elusive.’
- ‘The main extralegal means of tenure is squatting.’
- ‘These were extralegal considerations, irrelevant, impure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.