Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for epidural
- ‘Extraarticular locations for tophus formation included myocardium, pericardium, aortic valves, and extradural spinal regions.’
- ‘Common sites of metastases include liver, bone, bone marrow, extradural space, orbits and skin.’
- ‘The ganglia of the fifth lumbar and first four sacral lie within the vertebral canal, but these are also extradural.’
- ‘Despite this, overall rates of survival among older patients with extradural haematoma or subdural haematoma were not insubstantial.’
- ‘The placement of extradural intracranial pressure monitors is considered safer than subdural catheters.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.