One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The DNA of a cytoplasmic organelle, such as a mitochondrion or chloroplast, responsible for cytoplasmic inheritance.
- ‘The latter two are extrachromosomal elements of sizes 35 and 6kb, respectively.’
- ‘If resident extrachromosomal elements are responsible for the amplification effect, then that effect should be eliminated if donor strains are previously cured.’
- ‘The transgene array in PD3815 is inherited as an extrachromosomal element.’
- ‘The difficulty of removing the amplified gene by repeated backcrossings may suggest the presence of an extrachromosomal element, as often observed in other protozoa.’
- ‘If, on the other hand, excision occurs by 1-bp staggered cuts, we expect that only the first nucleotide flanking the extrachromosomal element will correspond to the donor site.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.