One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The DNA of a cytoplasmic organelle, such as a mitochondrion or chloroplast, responsible for cytoplasmic inheritance.
- ‘If, on the other hand, excision occurs by 1-bp staggered cuts, we expect that only the first nucleotide flanking the extrachromosomal element will correspond to the donor site.’
- ‘The difficulty of removing the amplified gene by repeated backcrossings may suggest the presence of an extrachromosomal element, as often observed in other protozoa.’
- ‘The latter two are extrachromosomal elements of sizes 35 and 6kb, respectively.’
- ‘If resident extrachromosomal elements are responsible for the amplification effect, then that effect should be eliminated if donor strains are previously cured.’
- ‘The transgene array in PD3815 is inherited as an extrachromosomal element.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.