Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated or taking place outside a cell or cells.‘extracellular space in the cortex’
- ‘Both are presumed to be consequences of cell death, and the subsequent leakage of cell contents into the extracellular space.’
- ‘Integrin is the molecule that connects the outside of the cells to the extracellular matrix.’
- ‘There are reports of exposure to fungal elicitors leading to extracellular alkalization in plant cell cultures.’
- ‘The cell wall and extracellular material are often only crudely preserved in this process, and the internal cytoplasm may degrade and be destroyed.’
- ‘These enzymes are essential for the chemical processes of life, both inside cells and in the extracellular fluids.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.