One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or taking place outside a cell or cells.‘extracellular space in the cortex’
- ‘Both are presumed to be consequences of cell death, and the subsequent leakage of cell contents into the extracellular space.’
- ‘Integrin is the molecule that connects the outside of the cells to the extracellular matrix.’
- ‘These enzymes are essential for the chemical processes of life, both inside cells and in the extracellular fluids.’
- ‘The cell wall and extracellular material are often only crudely preserved in this process, and the internal cytoplasm may degrade and be destroyed.’
- ‘There are reports of exposure to fungal elicitors leading to extracellular alkalization in plant cell cultures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.