One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a particularly fine grade of olive oil made from the first pressing of the olives and containing a maximum of one per cent oleic acid.
- ‘Experiment with different gently heated oils like jojoba, peach kernel, extra virgin olive, sesame or sweet almond.’
- ‘Admittedly, you may not want to use superior extra virgin olive oils for all your cooking.’
- ‘Use walnut, flaxseed or extra virgin olive oils instead.’
- ‘For one, there aren't enough acceptable words to describe the difference between premium extra virgin olive oil and other extra virgin olive oils.’
- ‘Olive oil can only be classified as extra virgin if the acidity level is under 0.8 percent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.