One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A further period of play added on to a game if the scores are equal.‘England won in extra time’
postponement, deferral, delayView synonyms
- ‘However, it was a brief reprieve as Tranmere scored again in extra time to secure the win.’
- ‘Our goalkeeper kept us in the game in extra time and when it came to the penalty kicks we managed to score all five.’
- ‘Dellas scores in the dying seconds of the first extra time period from a Greek corner.’
- ‘Then when it looked as if the game would go into extra time, Parkville scored two goals.’
- ‘Having said that it may offer us a little advantage if the game goes into extra time or there is a penalty shoot-out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.